Monday, July 30, 2012

Grand Dorsett Subang Hotel

The Place 
Formerly known as Sheraton Subang, the hotel was recently taken over by the Grand Dorsett group. Hence the renaming to Grand Dorsett Subang Hotel. This is a 5-star hotel, targeted mostly at business travellers who appreciate style and quality service. 




The Location


The hotel is really in the midst of Subang Jaya town. Shops, residences, hospital, colleges et. al. are within driving distance. The obvious and nearest landmark nearby is the Subang Jaya Medical Centre (SJMC), where the hotel is located along the same road as the hospital.

Nearby places of interest are the Subang Parade and Sunway Pyramid shopping malls. One place worth checking out, in my opinion, is the Sunway Lagoon recreational park. 


The Stay
Actually, some refurbishing works were still ongoing during my short stay there. I noticed that some parts of the hotel have been 'touched up' while the rest were in their not-so-trendy condition (yet). I got the Deluxe Plus Room (King-sized bed) and luckily its one of the recently refurbished ones. The newness and classy touch of the room wowed me :) And it's spacious too!! 

Along the corridor outside the room


In the room

Facilities highlight:

  • Spacious room
  • Welcoming fruit basket 
  • Really cozy king-sized bed
  • Transparent glass separating bedroom and bathroom 
  • Big shower head attached to the ceiling of bathroom 



The view from my room was not so scenic, but then again I wasn't there for the hotel view so it's alright, no big deal on that. I haven't tried the spa or the gym, and so the review on these facilities is unavailable at the moment. 




The Food 

Terraza Brasserie coffee house is known for its sumptuous buffet spread, even when the hotel was still known as Sheraton Subang. I know this coz I've been there on several different occasions, and each time I was thoroughly happy with the food being served. 

My latest visit to the hotel was during the fasting month of Ramadhan, and again I was not disappointed. The Ramadhan buffet dinner was one of the best I've sampled so far, with limitless (it certainly seemed that way) choices of entre, main course and desserts. Maybe it's just my big appetite after a day of fasting, but I must say the array of cuisines, delicacies, etc. were very much to everyone's taste....I think  :p 

Truth be told, I was surprised by how much I enjoyed my short stint there :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...