Monday, March 7, 2011

Movie World

We embarked early on our journey to the Warner Brothers Movie World. We were super excited, and the fun began almost immediately!

the Main Street where the Star Parade takes place

First up, let's talk about the rides. I mean c'mon, that's what most of us were here for right? I have to admit that I wasn't a fan of rollercoasters initially. Hey, I like things cool and calm. Thanks to a dear friend, who has since became a constant travel buddy, I've learnt to appreciate and enjoy such thrill rides. At least for me, I've learnt to let go and have faith that the rides would go smoothly and not get stuck in the middle, and throw us off the ledge. Ermm...let's carry on, shall we? 

We thought since the Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster was based from the cartoon show, it should be mild and a good start to kick-off the rides adventure. Heck, it looked like a family ride kinda thing. But what awaited us was tragic horror with an acquired taste of pleasure LOL! You may know what's coming when taking those outdoor rollercoasters, but this indoor ride was full of surprises it could leave you speechless. I totally dig this ride! 


Next was the Batwing Spaceshot, and I'm telling you this was one awesome 4.5G Force Vertical Launch! I was really sceptical at first, submitting myself to the unknown. Gosh, it was really high up the sky, it'd slowly bring you up and suddenly...all engines stopped and it was free fall from hundreds of meters above land!! Crazy or what??! 


All said above, and what d'you know? I loved it hahaha! I even took the ride twice. The first time may be intimidating but I liked it. Then there was the second time, which was still intimidating and yet I loved being high in the sky, watching over the entire surrounding up above (in less than 10 seconds actually :p). 



Later we headed on to the Superman Escape. This one had a weird aftertaste. What do I mean by that? Well, just like the name of the ride, it was quick and dry. Like yeah, we spent time feeling panicky and all during the queue, and then the ride was so quick I didn't have time to feel anything. Don't get me wrong, this ride was awesome! I was trying to describe how fast it was, really. 

There were other rides that we didn't manage to cover that day, but the one that we shouldn't have missed was the Lethal Weapon. Watching how scary the ride was, having your feet dangling, body twisted and turning around, we chickened out at the end. Regrets!!  


For those who don't fancy thrill rides, there were other attractions too. One shouldn't miss the Star Parade, it's a must! Sadly we missed this show as we were stuck in the boring Batman Adventure Ride (very child's play). Oh, and a sure fun thing would be the Shrek Adventure in 4D. 


There were also other interval shows at the Wild Wild West, as well as the Catwoman and Scooby Doo gang at the main area. There were sections for kids too, as this was definitely a family destination. 




Last but not least, do not EVER forget to go star hunting! 
This my friend, was a day to remember :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...